domingo, 30 de agosto de 2009

Finished with La Laguna

Now that I have quit running around so much i can finally update this blog. We have finished installing the filters in La Laguna and the people there have all told me to thank everyone that has helped with this project. I always tell the people that there are people in the US that might not can come down and help themselves but they do give money and pray for the lives of the people in Honduras. The village of La Laguna really blessed me from start to finish. It was the first village that I did with out my two helpers that had been helping me the past two years. I did have Luis, another helper, to go with me to help and learn more about the project. La Laguna was also the first village i have done that when we had the town meeting, the entire town came. In the villages that i had done in the past, only about 15-20 people would show up. It was also one of the nicest villages that we have done. We were able to install 19 filters in La Laguna to finish the project. there are about 6 more that we might install in houses around La Laguna that are really out in the middle of nowhere. Luis said he felt blessed to be able to help me with this project because even though he has lived in El Paraiso his whole life he never really realized how poor the people in the villages were.

For our next village for the project, we have been thinking about the village of La Pimienta. Many say that this village is one of the poorest, if not the poorest village in the mountain. It is a small village and I already have the filters made so it should go fast. Everything depends on the rain. This village is on the opposite side of a river and if the river rises then we will not be able to go. Please be praying for the people in the village of La Pimienta.

One of the reason that La Laguna was delayed a little bit was for the trips we had to make to the capital for my wife's visa. WE FINALLY GOT IT!!!!! We received the visa after about a year or applying for it and now we are able to go to the USA. We plan on taking the first trip to the US in November. Please pray that everything will fall in to place with the planning of the trip and our time there.

I am also building a house here in El Paraiso. We have been renting for the past 2 years and not only is it a good investment to build here, I think it would help us in the long run with raising the kid and hosting groups. please pray that everything goes well in the building of the house.

i will post a link later for everybody to see the project in La Laguna. thanks again for your prayers.

No hay comentarios: