miércoles, 3 de septiembre de 2008

Website Update

I know it has been a while since I have updated anything on this blog site. I started renting a house a couple of months ago and i do not have internet at the house. I has been kinda crazy in these last few month for me with other things also. I have had to make a few trips to the capital and San Pedro Sula, still working of the papers for my wife. We have an appointment on the 5th of Sept at the embassy to see whether or not she gets the visa. please pray for out trip down to Tegucigalpa and the appointment.

In filter making news....
I have completed replacing all of the broken filters with new ones. The filters were working so well that the people of the villages asked for more. I have put 6 more filters in Joconalis in addition to the ones i replaced. The people seem really greatful and have been using the filters since last year. I have been having touble with my contacts so it has been kinda slow getting other villages started. I have been installing filters in differnt farm houses throughout the mountains where the only water people have is the same as where their cows drink from. They have been the most excited and helpful of anybody.

The website is up and running. The address is www.hishands.ws It does not have a lot of stuff on it but it will shortly. The will be a link to see new pictures and upcoming projects and things like that.

A group of men came to help build and install filters as well as learn more about the ministry I have here in Honduras. They stayed for a few days and learned about every aspect of the filter from start to finish. I will put pictures up from that trip as soon as I can. There is talk about other trips coming to help and learn more in the future.

I have been trying to send out a newsletter but it has been imposible to send from down here. I am sorry it has been so long since the first newsletter but I will keep trying to send it. Thanks for your patience on waiting on me to update this blog, the website, and newsletter.

No hay comentarios: